Friday 1 April 2011

Hearts, Flowers and Holidays

A few more hearts for you today...this one is a gardener's heart.... if you would like to use the same blue forget me not flower you can find it here... 

 And this little heart was inspired when I saw the adorable postcard-y fabric....I thought a little heart for a leaving gift would be nice - and the words could be whatever you chose of course, but I liked the idea of it being linked to the postal service in some way rather than the newer forms of communication.......

                                       All the fabrics in this post came from Fancy Moon here..

Here are the flowers promised in my post title....a little collection of some of my favourites, there are so many to choose from at the moment aren't there....This week it was so windy here I brought the big tulip pots inside to stop the leaves being shredded! I'll be showing the tulip pictures in a later post for a real tulip-fest (I hope!).......

And a holiday? Yes, tomorrow we are heading off to the countryside for a week's r and r. We'll be staying in a little cottage among the sheep dotted rolling green hills of the beautiful Lake District - a bit like the picture above by Beatrix Potter -  though we are hoping for better weather than this..... I've been gathering together all the things we take on our country holidays - knitting, patchwork, books, kindle, flapjacks, quilt.....oh and walking boots, wellies and waterproofs too....

We love our Lakeland holidays - the first time we ever went there together was in our teens when Mr P had his first car and we went for the day...quite an adventure then...


So I'll be a bit quiet this week and that is why! You can imagine me taking photos of the sheep and the daffodils and looking out for Peter Rabbit!

Thank you to everyone who has recently become a follower, and to everyone who visits me here in my little bit of blogland, and for all the sweet comments. I hope you all have a wonderful week, with sunshine, spring flowers, blue skies and lots of crafty times. Back in a few days! xxxxxxx

30 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Thank you for the comment you left on my blog yesterday.
Have a good break
Julie xxxxxxx

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Hi Helen, I love your new hearts. The garden heart is so pretty. I love the postcard and letter fabrics. It makes the hearts so interesting and vintage. Your holiday sounds so nice. I hope you have a fabulous time and lots of R and R. See you when you get back. As always thanks for visiting me too! xoRobin❤

Used-to-Bees said...

Thanks for sharing where you get the cute felt flowers - I've been looking for some for a few weeks now and these are so sweet! Have a happy holiday! Look out for Mrs Tiggywinkle too...

potterjotter said...

That postcard fabric is so lovely and really appropriate for a heart. Never seen any like that before. Have a nice break - hope the sun shines on you.

faith76 said...

love the hearts! Have a super time in the lakes, I love it there - especially kendle mint cake. x Leah

harmony and rosie said...

Have a wonderful break Helen, I hope the weather is kind to you ... and you find Peter Rabbit of course!

sew said...

I searched for ages this morning (and eventually found) your felt flowers - then I have a last look at your blog this evening and see you've shared this info with us! Silly me! I've ordered a few colours anyway and look forward to their arrival. Wishing you happy hols.

Rubyred said...

A lovely post full of prettiness! Have a wonderful break Helen! I love the Lake District too, hope the sun shines on you!
Rachel x

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Gorgeous hearts in gorgeous fabrics, I love that little bee button!!
Have a wonderful week in the Lake District Helen, I hope the weather is kind to you and if you do find Peter, tell him I love him! :)
Vivienne x

Crafts @ Home said...

Have a super holiday, hope you find Peter :)
Sue Xx

gillyflower said...

I love the hearts Helen - they are so sweet and pretty.
Beautiful spring flowers!
Your holiday preparations sound lovely - very cosy! Hope you have a wonderful time!
Thanks for your lovely comment!
Gill x

Teresa Kasner said...

Dear Helen, I'm happy for you that you get to go on vacation.. I can't wait to see photos!!

We have an RV spot right on the ocean reserved for 3 nights at the end of the month. I look forward to sharing photos with you when I get back.

Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

moonstruckcreations said...

Helen these photos are just gorgeous - I would say that your latest creations are "after my own heart" but that would be a bit too much of a pun ;)

Have a lovely time in the Lakes - we used to stay near Hawkshead where there used to be a little
B Potter Museum. In fact I spent my honeymoon around that area!

Look forward to seeing a lot of lovely photos on your return!

Helenxx

Jenny said...

Have a wonderful time away Helen, looking forward to seeing some pictures on your return! Hope the weather is kind, and you get to do lots of patchwork and knitting whilst you're away :) Sounds like bliss! xxx

Jane said...

That's fantastic fabric Helen.Your heart is beautiful. Have a wonderful week away, the weather seems to be warming up nicely. See you soon,
Jane x

do you mind if i knit said...

Your hearts are beautiful Helen, really beautiful. Have a wonderful time in the Lake District, Hugo and I might bump into you, that's where we're holidaying! Love Vanessa xxx

sylviesgarden said...

I love the heart with the writing on, so pretty.
I hope you have a great holiday. Say hi to Peter from me if yuu see him.
x

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Have a fantastic break, can't wait to see your sheep and flower photos :-)

elena said...

They are beautiful!

Sewmancer said...

So springy - unfortunately we're heading into Autumn here (but that brings its own beautiful colours)

Teje Karjalainen said...

Dear Helen, I hope your are just now running with the Peter rabbit on a sunny, flowery meadow! Wishing you wonderful and relaxing holidays!
Your fabric fearts are so beautiful!
xxx Teje

Barbara said...

I walked around the Lake District many years ago with two kind Americans, loved the sheep with black faces and the continual mist ...
and I especially like the photo of your red and white quilt on a bed!
Happy holidays, love Barbara

Lyckligs-Cozy-Cottage said...

I enjoy it so much when I visit your blog. You have always so nice and friendly fresh fabric colors. And such great ideas!

Simone said...

I love the gardeners heart so much! Have a lovely break in the countryside. You will be mised! x

Poppy said...

I'm in love with everything!

I hope you get lots of rest on your week away...

Lou xxx

Mia said...

Happy little spring break, Helen!
I am sure you'll be back with more gorgeous things to us to admire :)

Sunny greetings from Finland!

Yours,
Mia

Julia said...

Oh Helen what a lovely post!! I think your hearts are so beautiful, the fabric and the text work really well together - clever you!!
I hope you have a glorious time in the Lakes, we are planning a day trip there sometime soon, I hope the sun shines for you.

Much love
Julia x

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great holiday. I have a secret wish to visit the pencil museum - ssh don't tell anyone! Have you ever been? Also Fancy Moon was a good recommendation :) Claire x

salty pebble said...

you have a blog of sheer inspiration and beauty...always a joy to visit...i love your hearts and little pretty details, look very vintage like and would so be treasured- lovely ideas ;0)

enjoy your hols xxxx

Unknown said...

Just found your blog and I really love it, so I have put you on my list!! I saw a wonderful movie about Beatrix Potter this last winter. The Lake District looked so relaxing. Mrs. Potter really helped preserve that area for future generations. I hope you have a relaxing time, enjoying taking photos of the sheep!
Chris :o)